Friday, December 10, 2010

Trail Report, December 10, 2010

The sun started peeking out this morning as I was headed to grab my Tim's . I had lots to do today, Xmas is near and I haven't done any prep. But, sunnyish days in December are few, so I decided to trek up Fromme and check out the snow line.

Lots of run off is a good sign. Hopefully the hill just keeps draining.

I always loved riding in the winter surrounded by fog.
The snow was sparse all the way through until the 5th switchback.

This is where the snowline starts in. Patchy tho, after the 5th.
This is the area in front of Ladies and Pipeline
I felt like I could slog a long a bit more, even maybe try for 7th secret. But when I saw the entrance to Leopard, I knew I had seen this movie before. I could push up if I wanted to but I wouldn't enjoy the ride down.
I checked out Expresso just to see. Not bad really. But not for me. I lowered myself back to pipeline and started the ride down.
Some snow in the first 20 or so meters, then back to it's familiar rocky self.
Hard to say which way the snow line is going to move from here. But if you are jonesing for a pedal, then Ladies and Pipeline are both accessible with short push through the snow. Expresso looked doable at the top too. Maybe if I can drum up a friend on Sunday we can push up to 7th and start laying tracks in the ice.

No comments: